Welcome to The Mena Family's Blog. We are dedicated to our son and family and hope our influence in life and art can help other children to grow up strong and families to be strong! Family First.
RSS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Airborne School


Today I am sun burned and loving it. Yesterday morning and all afternoon long, I had the honor and privilege to watch my husband parachute from a plane. Many other wonderful soldiers accompanied my husband on their journey towards receiving their Airborne Wings. While I was out there watching and waiting I had a chance to meet some pretty amazing women and families. One Mother and Father were there supporting their son, another 2 ladies were there supporting their husbands. It was pretty amazing to watch them jump out of that open door and watch their parachutes open! One beautiful little girl was sitting out there watching her Daddy and when she saw the chutes all across the sky she shouted, "Look at all the cookies!" to her they seemed like cookies falling from the sky! Ah, the beauty and wonder of a child. Amazing and princess. I wore a bright orange University of Texas at El Paso sweatshirt so that my husband could differentiate who's who on the stands waiting and watching their loved ones. It was cool enough for my sweater, but the sun was out all day, so the sun won. My face is red and my hands are darker....but everything else is safe. I'd take a burnt face all day long versus hot red burnt shoulders. Tomorrow he graduates, and I've purchased his subdue airborne wings as a gift to give him on that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment